Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Ch-ch-ch-changes

I haven't had much time to post. We've been talking about a serious downsizing forever but we're finally doing it. Like so many others who've downsized we're wondering why we didn't do this sooner.

I read Marie Kondo's new book and really like it so much better than her first. (Library loan vs purchase)

There have been two interesting changes that I've noticed since we began seriously downsizing. 

I still have more exercise dvds than I need but have donated almost half so a decent decrease. In the back of my mind I thought I'd go crazy wanting to buy more but I've found that it's just the opposite. I replaced a few favorite VHS workouts with preowned dvds but that's it. Having less allows me to enjoy what is left so much more and I'm exploring workouts from many years ago. They're like old friends I haven't seen for a long time. I'm having so much fun with this!

The same thing has happened with general purchases, including food. Simplification has created a desire for further simplification. I'm trying to make use of some left over Mrs. Meyer's cleaning supplies and some personal care products but have no plans to purchase them again. I'm really impatient for them to be "gone already" so that the cabinets will have less in them. It's pretty crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Your comment will appear shortly.