Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Unexpected Christmas Gift

Several years ago a coworker gave me a cutting of a Christmas Cactus. It was teeny tiny, just two segments. It's grown into a small but healthy plant but has yet to bloom.... until now!

This week I noticed that it has light colored buds. When she gave it to me she was unsure what color the blooms would be as the plant that the segments had come from was gifted to her and hadn't yet bloomed.

I have a Christmas Cactus that blooms red in the same window. Due to the natural light it actually blooms at Christmas. I consider those blooms a gift from Mother Nature. These new blooms are an extra unexpected gift and I'm ridiculously excited to watch them grow and wait for them to bloom so I can see their final color.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Your comment will appear shortly.